Working with us
Our region is geographically diverse and considered remote outback Queensland. We’re fortunate to live and work in some amazing communities where you’ll be welcomed and supported on your health career journey.
We offer career opportunities combined with an unforgettable lifestyle for all streams of health professionals.
Some benefits include:
- greater autonomy and diversity to develop your rural generalist skills
- a diverse patient mix
- professional development and supportive team networks to help you build skills and capability
- a range of financial benefits, such as rural and remote allowances.
We provide care and support services to over 10,000 people living in and visiting some of our most remote communities.
- covers about 21% of Queensland
- has 7 local government areas
- has 18 unique communities.
Learn more about living in the Central West on the Go Far Out website.
Living in outback Queensland isn't for everyone, but we encourage you to give it a go. You may fall in love with reduced commute times, a better work life balance and amazing sunsets.
We might be a long way from regional cities but there are regular flights so it’s easy to visit family and friends.
There’s plenty to do in the Central West. These are some of our local events that also attract visitors year round.
- Barcaldine Tree of Knowledge Festival
- Better in Blackall Festival
- Birdsville Big Red Bash
- Blackall – Tambo Festival of Circus
- Boulia Camel Races
- Longreach Outback Food, Wine and Music Festival
- Stonehenge Bushman’s Carnival
- Winton Way Out West Festival
- Calendar of race meetings including: Alpha Races, Longreach Cup and The Birdsville Races
Visit local council sites to learn more about the services, road conditions and your local area.